Marketers continue to underestimate the effectiveness of text messaging (SMS) for marketing campaigns. It’s not as sophisticated as mobile applications and developed mobile websites – but it’s far more effective. Getting someone to subscribe via SMS is much easier than getting them to download a mobile web application with push messaging… and the conversion rates may even be higher!
The Components of a Great SMS Marketing Campaign infographic from SlickText highlights 6 key points to consider when sending any text message marketing campaign. The graphics are solid, the information is actionable, and we hope you enjoy the information as much as we did putting it together!
6 Key Elements of an Effective SMS Marketing Campaign
- Create a valuable offer – without it, you’re going to lose valuable subscribers that have given you premium real estate to promote to them.
- Start with an offer – to attract and keep every subscriber immediately. If they think your message is a waste of time, they’ll unsubscribe.
- Include a direct call to action – that your subscribers can act on, whether it’s a discount code or direct link.
- Create a sense of urgency – your message should be sent when you want a subscriber to immediately respond.
- Make the offer exclusive – text messaging has an incredible open and conversion rate, don’t waste it on generic offers. Make your subscribers feel as though they’re special.
- Mention your brand name – so subscribers know who sent the message. Not everyone programs every number into their contacts.
Download SlickText’s SMS Marketing Guide for even more advice on optimizing your next text messaging campaign.
The practice of using tracking numbers to measure the effectiveness of different marketing campaigns isn’t new, and many agencies that have mastered it have seen amazing results for their campaigns, their clients, and their own businesses.