We just shared an infographic on the importance of visual marketing – and that, of course, includes video. We've been doing a ton of video for our clients recently and it's increasing both engagement and conversion rates. There are many types of recorded, produced videos you can do… and don't forget real-time video on Facebook, social video on Instagram and Snapchat, and even Skype interviews. People are consuming mass amounts of video.
Why You Need A Video Marketing Strategy
- Youtube continues to be the #2 most searched website besides Google. Your customers are searching that platform for solutions… the question is whether or not you're there.
- Video can help simplify a very complex process or issue that would require much more text and imagery to gain comprehension. Explainer videos continue to drive conversions for companies.
- Video offers the opportunity for more senses… seeing and hearing enhances the message and how your viewer perceives it.
- Videos drive higher click-through rates on ads, search engine results, and social media updates.
- People in thought leadership and customer testimonials provide a much more intimate experience where humor, attraction, and trust can be better communicated to the viewer.
- Video can be much more entertaining and engaging than text.
Video Marketing Statistics
- 75 million people in the US watch online videos daily
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when it's in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text
- Social video generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined
- Videos on Facebook Pages increase end user engagement by 33%
- Merely mentioning the word video in an email subject line increases click-through rate by 13%
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from Search Engine Result Pages
- Embedded videos in websites can increase traffic by up to 55%
- Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users
- Videos can increase landing page conversions by 80% or more
- 76% of marketing professionals plan to use video to increase their brand awareness
As with any other content strategy, utilize video to its maximum benefit. Marketers need not have a hundred videos out there… even just a thought leadership overview of a company, an explainer video that explains something difficult, or a client testimonial can have an incredible impact on your digital marketing strategies.
One thing I take exception to on this infographic is that peoples' attention spans have become less than that of a goldfish. That's simply not the case. I just binge-watched an entire season of a program over the weekend… hardly a problem with attention spans! What has happened is that consumers realize that they have video choices, so if you're not grabbing their attention and keeping it in your video, they'll simply move elsewhere within seconds.
Here's the infographic, The Importance of Video Marketing, from IMPACT.