An About Us page is one of those pages detailed in every website checklist. It’s a more critical page than companies give it credit for. A great About Us page is often viewed by prospective employees and clients to learn more about the people behind a company. We often forget that it’s not just features and benefits that prospects are after – they want to feel confident that they’re going to work with people they trust and won’t regret!
Trust and respect are things that have to be earned. Awareness comes from being top of mind. These should all be the end goals of your marketing strategy, from SEO and content marketing to social media and email. Your company’s About Us page is another opportunity to tell a story that will help you stick in your customer’s minds. (And as Blue Acorn’s study proves, it’s also an opportunity for a sale.) Vincent Nero, Senior Content Marketing Specialist
Siege Media analyzed what was in common with high-performing About Us pages and put together an epic article that displayed 50 Inspiring About Us Page Examples. They produced this beautiful infographic that shows 11 best practices to follow as you’re designing your own:
- Value Proposition – position your value proposition above the fold where users spend 80% of their time.
- Benefits – customers prefer reading about positive benefits rather than negatives.
- Evoke Emotions – your prospect is going to be 2 to 3 times more likely to engage with an emotional story to influence them.
- Video – a majority of decision makers prefer watching a video rather than reading the text on a page.
- Founder – include a recognizable image of your company’s founder, it will increase conversions 35%!
- Photos – customers spend 10% more time looking at photos than reading text on a page. Splurge for some professional shots!
- No Stock Photos – stock photos aren’t just blah… they’re actually a key to mistrusting a company.
- Testimonials – customer testimonials increase sales by 34%!
- Positive Reviews – 72% of people say positive reviews make them trust a local business more.
- Call to Action – what do you want the visitor to do after they review your page? Triple conversions by adding a CTA!
- Contact Info – 51% of people think thorough contact information is the most important element missing from websites. (We love putting it in a footer on every page!)
Here’s the infographic, The Science Behind Great About Us Pages.
Marketers today need to create personalized, omni-channel experiences at scale if they want to effectively engage their customers. Inside this guide, we share best practices when it comes to captivating customers consistently across different communication channels.