We’ve been working with a vitamin and supplement store online to help increase their search visibility and conversion rates. The engagement has taken quite a bit of time and resources, but the results are already beginning to show. The site needed rebranded and redesigned from the ground up. While it was a fully functional site before, it just didn’t have a lot of the necessary elements to build trust and ease the conversions along for its visitors.
Your ecommerce store could be leaking money in more ways than you know. Help plug the holes in your bucket, however small, and retain more of the value that you’ve worked so hard to deliver to your customers! Jake Rheude, Red Stag Fulfillment
According to the Baymard Institute, 68.63% of online customers abandon their online shopping carts Tweet This! There are a lot of reasons why that might happen outside your site’s control… but let’s take a deep look at your ecommerce site and what you can do about it. This infographic from Red Stag Fulfillment walks through several of the areas of focus. We’ve added a few of our own as well!
How to Increase Online Conversion Rates
- Social Media – 84% of online shoppers review at least one social media site before making a purchase. Increase your social media engagement.
- Product Videos – Using product videos can increase product purchases by 144%!
- Accessibility – While it’s not as much of a priority in the US as overseas, the benefits of an accessible site go well beyond the customers with disabilities. Accessible sites also are also optimized for organic search.
- Design – Clear, functional conversion paths that are visible.
- Reviews and Ratings – Product reviews and ratings provide critical information to shoppers so they need not leave your site.
- Testimonials – Client testimonials are a must, providing feedback to newer shoppers that they can expect a superior experience with your organization.
- Product Recommendations – Visitors sometimes don’t land on the ideal product page, so providing them relevant offers based on sales, like products, or customer recommendations can increase conversion rates.
- Security Badges – Display third-party audit badges to let visitors know that you care about their safety and security.
- Payment Options – Offer PayPal, Stripe, Amazon payments, and all credit cards to ensure your visitor can pay the way they’d like.
- Shipping – Costs and notifications are appreciated by buyers. 28% of online shoppers will abandon their cart if the shipping costs are too high Tweet This!
- Return Policy – 66% of consumers read return policies before making a purchase Tweet This! Make it fast, simple and within a time period your customers will be comfortable with!
- Checkout – Test your checkout process to make sure it’s absolutely simple. Don’t ask for too much information, keep pages designed clearly, and monitor user behavior with advanced heat maps and analytics.
- Speed – Performance issues and slow loading pages will destroy your conversion rates. Optimize for speed and it will pay off in dividends.
- Mobile – Mobile conversions now account for over 50% of a few of our clients’ ecommerce sites. If you’re not designed for optimal mobile use, you’re losing sales.