Why do we need content marketing? This is the question that so many people in this industry don’t answer well. Companies must have a robust content strategy because the majority of the purchase-decision making process has shifted, thanks to online media, before the prospect ever reaches for the phone, the mouse, or the front door to our businesses.
In order for us to influence the purchase decision, it’s imperative that we ensure our brand is present, we’re identified as a solution, and our company is seen as an authority. If the right content is present at the right time and with the right message, we can build trust earlier in the buying cycle and make the short list of companies to choose from.
Businesses from various industry niches in both B2B and B2C arenas rely on different kinds of content and approaches to content marketing. Social media, articles, newsletters and blogs remain at the top content marketing tactics used by many businesses as shown in the chart above. Other forms of content are also gaining ground and popularity among marketers including infographics and video among others. Jomer Gregorio, CJG Digital Marketing
The 8 Hard-to-Ignore Benefits of Content Marketing
- Content marketing generates more inbound traffic to your site.
- Content marketing increases engagement with targeted audiences.
- Content marketing generates more leads.
- Content marketing increases sales.
- Content marketing builds up natural link popularity.
- Content marketing builds brand awareness.
- Content marketing establishes you as a thought leader.
- Content marketing is cheaper than traditional forms of marketing.
Hmmm… that last one requires tweaking. While content marketing may be less expensive in the long run, it does require quite a bit of effort and momentum to grow the audience you need, establish the authority you want, and actually begin driving leads. I won’t give up on other marketing investments until the leads are flowing!