There’s no doubt that optimizing landing pages is a worthwhile endeavor for any marketer. Email Monks have put together this comprehensive interactive infographic on landing page optimization tips that drive measurable results. Here are some great stats associated with landing page optimization.
- President Barrack Obama raised an additional $60 million with the help of A/B testing Tweet This!
- Long landing pages have the ability to generate up to 220% more leads than above the fold call-to-action Tweet This!
- 48% of marketers are building a new landing page for every marketing campaign Tweet This!
- Companies have recorded an increase of 55% in their leads after increasing the landing pages from 10-15 Tweet This!
- A/B testing has proved to be the most popular method for improving the conversion rate Tweet This!
- Gmail once tested 50 different shades of the color blue to find that one shade for their CTA which converted the maximum Tweet This!
The research they’ve completed provides a comprehensive list of landing page optimization tips:
- Personas – identify the personas of your target audience and speak specifically to them.
- Focus – provide a single focus on the landing page and remove any irrelevant information.
- Headline – The first 3 seconds belong to the headline of the page and will be a primary driver of whether visitors stay or not.
- Engaging Copy – Every line of copy should provide value and drive the story home that will entice conversion.
- Call-To-Action – Design a clear CTA that is attractive and generates conversions.
- Direction – Provide direction to visitors to drive them through to a conversion. Tell them when, how and what to expect.
- Contrast – Make your CTA stand out from the rest of the page so there’s total clarity for your visitor on what to do next.
- Testimonials – Provide trust factors like testimonials to boost your conversion rate.
- Whitespace – A busy page with distracting elements can lose the focus of your visitors. Keep things open and simple.
- Color – Colors trigger an emotional response. Be sure to research your colors and match them to the persona and behavior you’re trying to solicit.
- Videos – Test videos on your landing pages to increase conversion rates.
- Unique Selling Proposition – Differentiate yourselves from your competitors and define the benefits of conversion for your visitors.
- Interactive Element – Test a popup or other activity on the page that may spark interest and increase conversions.
- Co-Branding – Boost your trustworthiness by bringing in client or partner branding that may be recognized by your vistors.
- A/B Testing – test every variant within your landing page to determine maximum impact and conversion rates.
- Segmentation – make variations of your landing page targeted to different target channels.
All these challenges boil down to the fact that your landing page should be appealing and engaging for the user to stay back and perform the required action. There is no short cut to achieve optimum business success. It is a long way out there, but it all starts with how your prospects interact with you and would like to connect with you. A landing page is the best source to find this out.