Starting a text message strategy can be a daunting implementation process. Believe it or not, carriers are largely manual even today… submit paperwork, have your data retention and privacy policies reviewed, and sign off on SMS permissions. I’m not trying to understate the importance of compliance with this medium, but the frustration of migrating or integrating an SMS solution can be quite frustrating for a permission-based, legitimate marketer.
The process for SMS Marketing is quite a complex one typically. Most SMS platforms, for example, do not communicate and integrate directly with SMS carriers. There’s typically an SMS marketing or communication platform that communicates with a service that then connects to a message gateway that then sends the message through to the carrier.
While the SMS platform may be amazing, they are reliant on the SMS message gateway for its system to be operational. From a pricing standpoint, that means that you pay for your software, you pay for messaging fees to your platform, you may pay for acquiring more keywords, and then they pay for messaging fees to the message gateway. The cost of SMS can quickly explode… especially since consumers are adopting SMS more frequently to interact with businesses.
By the end of last year, 48.7 million consumers will have willingly opted-in to receive SMS communications from their favorite brands. 70% of consumers think SMS marketing is a great way for businesses to get their attention. 82% of people say they open every text message they receive.
There are some incredibly robust and affordable SMS gateways out there that you can register for and utilize directly through robust APIs, including Twilio, Plivo, Telnyx, SignalWire, Nexmo, Ytel, and Bandwidth. These platforms have software developer kits that connect to robust APIs to help you develop your SMS platform or integration however you’d like. Unfortunately, though, that requires development expertise, infrastructure, and ongoing maintenance.
UltraSMSScript: Buy and Customize Your Own SMS Messaging Platform
A less expensive alternative to developing your own SMS messaging platform or paying monthly licensing fees to an online platform is to purchase the code and run it on your own infrastructure. This can help you get up and running faster as well as ensure your platform is compliant, safe, and stable. UltraSMSScript is a white-label software with API that you can purchase and install yourself and then utilize any of the SMS gateways. There are no ongoing fees and you pay more affordable SMS messaging fees since you’re working directly with a gateway.
UltraSMSScript Features Include
- Mobile Coupons – Create beautiful Mobile Coupons to send to your customers. They are a great way to build a loyal customer base while also rewarding your current customers. Each coupon is completely customizable and includes many settings and features allowing you flexibility with how you want to set them up.
- Q&A SMS Bots – Create automated SMS questions and responses which are kicked off by texting in a keyword. You can create as many questions in a sequence as you want. Great for customer support, quizzes, gathering valuable feedback, and growing your list.
- Send Bulk SMS – At the heart of an SMS marketing campaign is the ability to send SMS messages in bulk to your subscribers. Send to 1 group or multiple groups at once! Send messages to your customers to announce deals or discounts you want to promote which can bring in massive business.
- Unlimited Mobile Keywords – The ability for users to engage in keyword marketing. Mobile keywords are an element of mobile marketing campaigns to appeal to a certain target market. You get access to unlimited keywords! People can sign up for your text marketing by texting a keyword.
- Bulk SMS Scheduling – Scheduling out messages in intervals is a great way to ensure your customers won’t forget about you. Our script allows you to have full control of when SMS messages get sent out so you can schedule out messages months in advance.
- Autoresponders – After a person joins your subscriber list, automatically send them a custom message back. You can also set up the autoresponders to automatically send SMS back to the subscribers after they subscribe on a preset schedule much like email autoresponders work.
- Send MMS / Picture Messaging – MMS brings the best of email and urgency of SMS to your customer communications. Paint the whole picture with rich media on every mobile phone, with near-100% open rates and fast response times.
- 2-Way SMS Chat – 2-way SMS chat connects you or your customer service department to your mobile customers, via SMS. Gather valuable feedback and make communication with your customers a 2-way street, all via SMS with an instant messenger interface!
- Sub-Accounts – Have team members that you want to delegate work on different modules within the platform and only give them access to specific features? You can do that with our sub-accounts!
- Recurring Messages – Need to schedule a series of messages on a recurring basis? You can repeat events daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly, and the frequency of those scheduled events(every day, every 2nd day, every 5th day, once a week, every 2 weeks, etc…)
- SMS Contests – Create SMS contests as a way to engage and reward your current customers while also using them as a great tool to grow your list. There’s nothing more important than keeping your customers happy and growing your list at the same time!
- Birthday SMS Wishes – Easily collect your contacts’ birthdays when they subscribe to your list. Then, on their birthday or even a certain amount of days before, our system will automatically send them your birthday text message.
- Facebook Integration – Ability to share your message to your Facebook page! Spread the word and increase participation among your fans giving you the ability to grow your subscribers by sharing your messages on your Facebook account.
- Bulk SMS Delivery Stats – View detailed stats like # of successful messages, # of failed messages, and the reason the message failed, and allow the user to delete any subscribers from the list that have failed to receive messages.
- Detailed Campaign Analytics – Track your campaigns to take a deeper look into which keywords are performing the best, detailed SMS logs, and new subscribers and unsubscribers over a certain period of time.
- Website Signup Widgets – Allow potential customers to join an SMS marketing list through a web-based form that is placed on a website. This provides yet another cost-effective avenue to reach and attract new consumers.
- SMS Polls – Create text-to-vote polls to keep your subscribers engaged and interested in what you have to offer as well as collect valuable information and gain insight into what they want and need from you.
- Mobile Splash Page Builder – Perfect for users that want to create their own pages with video, images, or any HTML and then send those page URLs out to their subscriber list to view. Equipped with a full-featured HTML editor.
- Appointment Reminders – Schedule and send appointment reminders to your customers ensuring they won’t forget about an appointment they made. Search for your contact then easily schedule an SMS to go out to them.
- Built-In Link Shortening & Tracking – You have the option to shorten your links so they don’t take up as many characters in your text messages and also track how many clicks were made for a given link to see how effective your message was. A very helpful little tool!
- Local Numbers – Gather valuable feedback and make communication a 2-way street all from local recognizable phone numbers! Add multiple local numbers to a user account. Send messages from a pool of phone numbers to speed up delivery or slow it down.
- Email Alerts – Get new subscriber email alerts as they happen or in a daily summary. Also, get low credit balance email alerts so you’ll always be aware of when to replenish your credits.
- Message Templates – Save common or often used SMS messages so that you will not have to re-enter the same message repeatedly. Simply select which template to use and have it populate the message for you.
- Broadcast From Phone – On the run? No problem at all! You’ll have the ability to blast out your SMS marketing campaigns with a simple text message! No need to log in to your account to manage this process.
- QR Codes – Generate QR codes as a way to bridge your offline marketing campaign to the online medium. Our software comes equipped with new subscriber and web page URL QR codes.
- Segment Your Contacts – With our group segmenting function, you can easily create groups within your text marketing lists. This organizes your contacts into groups and allows you to keep organized all your subscribers and where they are coming from!
- Voice Broadcasting – Broadcast a voice message out to your contacts! Either type in a message and the system will convert the text into voice, or upload your own message via an MP3 file. Another great way to communicate and keep your contacts engaged in your offerings.
- Upload Your Subscriber Lists – Have an opt-in SMS list from somewhere else that you want to migrate over? Provided you have explicit written consent from your subscribers that they agreed to receive messages from you, you can upload your list as well. We’ve made that process incredibly easy!
- Voicemail / Call Forwarding – Voicemail and call forwarding capability. Have the option to have your calls go directly to voicemail, where you can then listen to them inside the control panel, or have your calls forwarded to any number you wish!
- SMS to Email / Email to SMS – Get email notices when someone texts something to your online number(SMS to Email). You can then respond directly to that email from your email client, the system will take that email, and text them back(Email to SMS). A great and very useful tool!
- Name and Email Capture – Have the option to collect the name and email of a new subscriber joining your opt-in list! Collect names to personalize your SMS messages and emails if you want to promote to them with your email marketing campaigns.
- Contact Management – Very simple to use contact management system that contains your contacts/subscribers. Search on and manage all your subscribers here.
- SMS Punch Card Loyalty Rewards – Forget those archaic and often misplaced paper punch cards. Offer SMS “punch card” loyalty rewards to your customers and build loyalty to your brand to keep customers happy and coming back.
- Kiosk Builder – A digital loyalty kiosk is a cutting-edge tool that lets you create an easy-to-use kiosk display. It provides your on-site customers with a user-friendly display – letting them join a mobile club, check in to a loyalty program, and check their current status.
- API – Access the most core features of the UltraSMSScript platform through the API. Integrating the UltraSMSScript API into your application will enable you to extend the functionality of the platform into your own app!
- Email Integrations – If email capture is turned on, automatically add the emails to your favorite email services like Mailchimp, aWeber, GetResponse, ActiveCampaign, or Sendinblue! All handled seamlessly behind the scenes.
- Online Fax – Send and receive faxes between UltraSMSScript and a fax machine! Migrate the manual, offline process of faxing and turn to fax documents into a software experience while giving businesses more flexibility with moving away from old legacy hardware.
- Double Opt-in – Optional double opt-in capability that if turned on, people will get an additional text message asking them to reply with “Y” to confirm their subscription. Double opt-in is not mandatory, however, it is highly recommended in certain situations depending on the content of the messages you will be sending.
For the encoded version of the PHP script, you will receive all the source code to allow you to change the front-end design elements if you wish to give it whatever look and feel you desire. However, most of the core back-end files will be encoded. UltraSMSScript uses ioncube to encode and license the files. Most hosting companies already have the ioncube loader installed and enabled since ioncube is the industry standard for protecting sensitive files. For the Level 4 & ULTRA packages of the script, you will receive 100% of the source code and, of course, you sign a non-resale agreement that states you will not resell the actual script.
Disclosure: I’m utilizing affiliate links in this article.