Over 142,000 businesses using marketing automation software. The top 3 reasons are to increase qualified leads, increase sales productivity, and a reduction in marketing overhead. The marketing automation industry has grown from $225 million to over $1.65 billion in the last 5 years
The following infographic from Marketing Automation Insider details the evolution of marketing automation software from Unica over a decade ago through $5.5 billion worth of acquisitions that have brought us to the present, including the following marketing automation platforms:
- Act-On – A marketing automation platform built to help you deliver an outstanding experience for your customers. From brand awareness and demand generation, to retention and loyalty, our technology enables marketers to stand out from the competition and drive better results.
- Adobe Campaign – A set of solutions that help you personalize and deliver campaigns across all of your online and offline channels. Campaign can provide integrated customer profiles, cross-channel campaign orchestration, contextual email marketing and real-time interaction managment.
- IBM Marketing Solutions – Part of the IBM Commerce portfolio, IBM Marketing Solutions enable you to engage with your customers in highly relevant, interactive dialogues across digital, social, mobile and traditional channels. You can personalize and optimize cross-channel campaigns and digital marketing efforts to convert visitors into repeat customers and advocates.
- Hubspot Workflows – Nurture your contacts and customers with goal-based nurturing, lead scoring, internal notifications, personalized website content, branching logic, and segmentation.
- IBM Silverpop – Automate personalized interactions at scale and deliver meaningful and highly relevant messaging along every step in the customer lifecycle.
- Infusionsoft – Built from the ground up to solve small business's biggest problems. If you're looking for smarter ways to scale as you grow, the powerful Infusionsoft platform can help. Manage the everyday tasks that slow you down—automatically.
- Marketo – Find and engage the right customers. Help them learn what they want to know about your products as they begin their journey. Learn about search marketing, landing pages, web personalization, forms, social media, and behavior tracking.
- Microsoft Dynamics Marketing – An integrated marketing resource management solution for marketing operation, planning, execution, and analytics across all channels—email, digital, social, SMS, and traditional.
- Oracle Eloqua – Enables marketers to plan and execute campaigns while delivering a personalized customer experience for their prospects. Campaigns greatly scale for audiences across channels including email, display search, video, and mobile. With integrated lead management and easy campaign creation, our solution helps marketers engage the right audience at the right time in their buyer's journey. Sales teams can close more deals at a faster rate, increasing marketing ROI through real-time insight.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Salesforce Marketing Cloud lets businesses of any size grow their business with professional level email marketing. While not specifically marketing automation software, Salesforce Appexchange has productized integrations with many leading Marketing Automation platforms.
- Salesforce Pardot – B2B Marketing Automation turns everyday marketers into revenue-generating superheroes. Their marketing automation platform provides email marketing, lead generation, lead management, sales alignment and ROI reporting.
- Teradata Marketing Applications – Achieve marketing agility, understand customers as individuals, and execute powerful digital communications across every channel with Teradata Marketing Applications.
Marketing Automation Insider also charts out the average licensing costs, which have dropped as the number of competitors have skyrocketed. You can compare all major marketing automation tools in 10 seconds on Marketing Automation Insider.