Pinterest doesn’t get too much buzz around it, but it still gets a ton of interaction with users who love the platform.
Around 2 million people post pins every day on the platform, contributing to the existing 100 billion posts. People are increasingly using the application on their mobile phones since the number of downloads has spiked the last few years. Millennials say that they use Pinterest to plan their lives and special moments. Irfan Ahmad, Digital Information World
Here are ten Pinterest Statistics Marketers Should Know
- Pinterest has over 200 million monthly active users Tweet This!
- 29% of US Adults use Pinterest Tweet This!
- 93% of active pinners said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases and half have made a purchase after seeing a promoted pin Tweet This!
- 85% of Pinterest searches happen on mobile Tweet This!
- 40% of pinners have a household income of $100k+ Tweet This!
- More than 14 million articles are pinned daily Tweet This!
- Pinterest is the 2nd largest driver of traffic from social media sites (next only to Facebook) Tweet This!
- People are using Pinterest to find ideas and share content, leading to the posting of more than 100 billion pins Tweet This!
- Pinterest has always been a discovery focused platform, more than 2 billion searches happen every month Tweet This!
- The average pin is repinned 11 times. It takes a pin 3.5 months to get 50% of its engagement. Tweet This!
Here’s the full infographic from Digital Information World, 10 Pinterest Statistics Every Marketer Should Know