Good advice is timeless as is the information in this infographic. Diana Adams of BitRebels put together a list 10 Ways to Supercharge the Pageviews On Your Posts and NowSourcing turned it into a beautiful infographic.
The advice is straightforward:
- Post good content frequently (yes, I know we’ve been off during the holidays).
- Make your posts shareable – we love Easy Social Share for WordPress!
- Use Tools for Content Creation – we have alerts setup for a number of topics via Meltwater and really love the depth and timeliness of the information we get to share.
- Accept Guest Writers – but BEWARE!
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization is still important but don’t overdue it. Here are steps we take to optimize our posts.
- Edit & Proofread Every Word Before It’s Published – Oops… we fail here. I had a couple of doozies on my last post that I just fixed. We’ve toyed with the idea of having an editor, perhaps this year!
- Link Building (But Not the Way You Think) – I like the term link earning from Site Strategics. They discuss relevant internal links to drive more pageviews – we like Jetpack’s related posts functionality for that!
- Email Marketing The Right Way – that’s why we built and use CircuPress!
- Break up a Long Post – We need to do more of those but I’ll be honest, I hate the 10+ click articles that are just driving pageviews and irritating your readers.
- Use Social Media Creatively – If we had more time, we’d definitely work on better representative featured images for our posts and then utilizing each social outlet effectively.
We're entering a new industrial era, fueled by the Internet of Everything, cloud and social media. It's also an unprecedented opportunity for CIOs to lead the change, creating business value and capturing new opportunities.